Sign up for our mailing list.
- Jesse Serwer on Dancehall, Mass: Boston Ragga Mix
- mr man on Dancehall, Mass: Boston Ragga Mix
- TopBananas on Dread and Television: Watch Chronixx Perform “Here Comes Trouble” on The Tonight Show
- Lance-O on Toppa Top 10: Ten Soca Songs That Crossed Over
- LargeUp Video: Chronixx Performs “Here Comes Trouble” Live On The Tonight Show | I Am Mo Better on Dread and Television: Watch Chronixx Perform “Here Comes Trouble” on The Tonight Show
Posts tagged: Barbados
Words by Natalie Weiner, Photo by Greg Washington —
Brooklyn-based, LA-raised artist and Complex art director Brent Rollins doesn’t exactly need to pad his resume. The half-Bajan, half-Vietnamese illustrator has designed album covers for Black Star, Blackalicious and Freeway, and the iconic logo for the classic movie Boyz N The Hood.
Words by Mikaila Brown—
This week Rihanna made headlines while attending Crop Over, Barbados’s annual carnival festivities. At first the media attributed her silver, glitter leotard and on-all-fours wuk up activities to typical, wanton Rihanna shenanigans. However, quickly, reporters realized that Bad Girl Riri’s sequined bikinis and feather headrests were really a typical part of the Bajan festival.