Sign up for our mailing list.
- Carnival is alive and well in Oslo, Norway | Repeating Islands on EVENT: Kes the Band “Endless Summer” In-Store
- Carib Fest HD on 106 & Carnival: BET Gets Ready For Di Road
- CHECK DASH EYE’S MIX “WEH MI DO” HOSTED BY BRAMMA | Tribe Of Kings Soundsystem on Mixtape Mondays: The Heatwave, Tribe of Kings x Bramma, Dubbel Dutch
- Regina Lieder on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show
- Lee Scratch Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show | The Moments of a Blackqueen on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show
Words by Walshy Fire, Photo by Matt Goias—
Words by Walshy Fire—
Black Chiney Sound MC/DJ and LargeUp contributor Walshy Fire has been holding down Miami since forever but the Kingston, Jamaica native knows his way around New York, too. Here, Walshy (who you can also find all over the world these days, as the stage-diving, hype-building MC for Major Lazer) tells us how Shinehead’s colorful 1993 video for “Jamaican In New York” inspired him to investigate NYC for the first time.