Sign up for our mailing list.
- Ras Beats on LargeUp Premiere: Jahdan x Kabaka Pyramid — “For The Children”
- Irie Zensations on Dub In The Rainforest: I-Grade Hold a Vibes in St. Croix
- Philip Smart + HC&F Studios | saxon baird on R.I.P. Philip Smart: 13 Classics From His HC&F Studio
- Major Lazer & Walshy Fire Present SUNS OF DUB (Official Mixtape) | The Soul Republic | Online Lifestyle Magazine For The Modern Man on LargeUp Interview: Q+A with Walshy Fire
- Darian Tyndale on Terror Fabulous Speaks: A Rare Interview with the Elusive ’90s Dancehall Star
Words by Walshy Fire, Photo by Matt Goias—
Words by Walshy Fire—
Black Chiney Sound MC/DJ and LargeUp contributor Walshy Fire has been holding down Miami since forever but the Kingston, Jamaica native knows his way around New York, too. Here, Walshy (who you can also find all over the world these days, as the stage-diving, hype-building MC for Major Lazer) tells us how Shinehead’s colorful 1993 video for “Jamaican In New York” inspired him to investigate NYC for the first time.