Sign up for our mailing list.
- Getting away from it all | londontoheredia on Ticos Caribeños: Reggae and Caribbean Culture in Costa Rica
- Jonathan on Dancehall Nuh Dead: Ten Dancehall Acts That Matter Right Now
- Crystal Valley Voisin on Trini Cinema: Janine Fung’s “Paramin: The Odyssey of Hope”
- Karen on Dancehall Nuh Dead: Ten Dancehall Acts That Matter Right Now
- Simba Don on Toppa Top 10: The Ten Sexiest Bajan Women Besides Rihanna
Words by Walshy Fire, Photo by Matt Goias—
Words by Walshy Fire—
Black Chiney Sound MC/DJ and LargeUp contributor Walshy Fire has been holding down Miami since forever but the Kingston, Jamaica native knows his way around New York, too. Here, Walshy (who you can also find all over the world these days, as the stage-diving, hype-building MC for Major Lazer) tells us how Shinehead’s colorful 1993 video for “Jamaican In New York” inspired him to investigate NYC for the first time.