Sign up for our mailing list.
- Hannah on Now Things: Behind the Mask with Noise Cans
- D-rail on Toppa Top 21: 21 Artists To Watch For 2014
- Moving on the Wires: News, Posts, New Music | Aker: Futuristically Ancient on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “Repent Americans” Art Exhibition
- Arbitr^rY^KonST@nT on Carnival Playlist: The Sounds of St. Thomas Carnival
- Annette Funicello and Bob Hope Do Ska | That Eric Alper on R.I.P: Annette Funicello, Pioneer of American Ska
Words by Walshy Fire, Photo by Matt Goias—
Words by Walshy Fire—
Black Chiney Sound MC/DJ and LargeUp contributor Walshy Fire has been holding down Miami since forever but the Kingston, Jamaica native knows his way around New York, too. Here, Walshy (who you can also find all over the world these days, as the stage-diving, hype-building MC for Major Lazer) tells us how Shinehead’s colorful 1993 video for “Jamaican In New York” inspired him to investigate NYC for the first time.