Sign up for our mailing list.
- Empresses + Queens: Talking with Trinidad’s Queen Omega + Kushite on
- Roots & Culture: The Roots Go Dancehall With Shaggy, Patra + More on
- LargeUp Premiere: Serani’s “In My Arms” Video on
- Now ‘Ere Dis!: Super Cat Meets Shaggy + Maxi Priest on “Night Flight” on
- Toppa Top 10: The Caribbean’s Best Rum Creams on
Posts tagged: World Creole Music Festival
Thank you is what comes to mind when thinking of the way Levia and Aldon of Cater Truck Mobile Restaurant literally took care of yours truly during my stay in Dominica. As LargeUp undertook the task of covering the entire island of Dominica AND the festivals happening on the island in just one week last October, serious nourishment was required. And the steamfish from this food truck was just what the doctor ordered: Fresher than fresh and drizzled with mouthwatering creole sauce.
Words by Jesse Serwer—
Just about every island nation has an international music fest nowadays, but there aren’t any others quite like Dominica’s World Creole Music Festival.
Photos by Martei Korley—
Words by Jesse Serwer, Photos by Martei Korley—