Sign up for our mailing list.
- Ras Beats on LargeUp Premiere: Jahdan x Kabaka Pyramid — “For The Children”
- Irie Zensations on Dub In The Rainforest: I-Grade Hold a Vibes in St. Croix
- Philip Smart + HC&F Studios | saxon baird on R.I.P. Philip Smart: 13 Classics From His HC&F Studio
- Major Lazer & Walshy Fire Present SUNS OF DUB (Official Mixtape) | The Soul Republic | Online Lifestyle Magazine For The Modern Man on LargeUp Interview: Q+A with Walshy Fire
- Darian Tyndale on Terror Fabulous Speaks: A Rare Interview with the Elusive ’90s Dancehall Star
Posts tagged: World Creole Music Festival
Thank you is what comes to mind when thinking of the way Levia and Aldon of Cater Truck Mobile Restaurant literally took care of yours truly during my stay in Dominica. As LargeUp undertook the task of covering the entire island of Dominica AND the festivals happening on the island in just one week last October, serious nourishment was required. And the steamfish from this food truck was just what the doctor ordered: Fresher than fresh and drizzled with mouthwatering creole sauce.
Words by Jesse Serwer—
Just about every island nation has an international music fest nowadays, but there aren’t any others quite like Dominica’s World Creole Music Festival.
Words by Skyla Stover, Photo by Martei Korley—
The well respected and most talented Tarrus Riley has always put out reggae hits that everyone enjoys, always having strong roots in his culture and working with fellow reggae artists. This time Tarrus Riley has teamed up with someone outside of the reggae world, Anuhea, a singer/songwriter from Hawaii whose musical background is more folk rock than roots reggae. Tarrus and Anuhea’s collaboration “Only Man In The World” is the first single from Dub Rockers, a new label under VP Records.
Photos by Martei Korley—