Sign up for our mailing list.
- Carnival is alive and well in Oslo, Norway | Repeating Islands on EVENT: Kes the Band “Endless Summer” In-Store
- Carib Fest HD on 106 & Carnival: BET Gets Ready For Di Road
- CHECK DASH EYE’S MIX “WEH MI DO” HOSTED BY BRAMMA | Tribe Of Kings Soundsystem on Mixtape Mondays: The Heatwave, Tribe of Kings x Bramma, Dubbel Dutch
- Regina Lieder on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show
- Lee Scratch Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show | The Moments of a Blackqueen on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show
Posts tagged: Reggae on the River
Words by Jesse Serwer, Photo by Martei Korley
Words by DJ Gravy and Jesse Serwer
Summertime only means one thing for many music fans: mammoth outdoor festivals. These events are particularly important in the world of reggae, considering the association people outside the Caribbean make between Jamaican music and warm weather, sunshine and general good-time vibes. So while there’s a small handful of important wintertime events in the Caribbean like Sting, almost every reggae/dancehall fest worth its salt(fish) falls between May and September. Here’s our picks for the best summertime fests around the US, the Caribbean and the globe.