Sign up for our mailing list.
- D-rail on Toppa Top 21: 21 Artists To Watch For 2014
- Moving on the Wires: News, Posts, New Music | Aker: Futuristically Ancient on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “Repent Americans” Art Exhibition
- Arbitr^rY^KonST@nT on Carnival Playlist: The Sounds of St. Thomas Carnival
- Annette Funicello and Bob Hope Do Ska | That Eric Alper on R.I.P: Annette Funicello, Pioneer of American Ska
- Screechy Dan - My Story Official Mixtape [100% Dubplates] - Safari Sound on Run The Track! Download a Massive Sound EFX Folder From Screechy Dan
Posts tagged: Reggae on the River
Words by Jesse Serwer, Photo by Martei Korley
Words by DJ Gravy and Jesse Serwer
Summertime only means one thing for many music fans: mammoth outdoor festivals. These events are particularly important in the world of reggae, considering the association people outside the Caribbean make between Jamaican music and warm weather, sunshine and general good-time vibes. So while there’s a small handful of important wintertime events in the Caribbean like Sting, almost every reggae/dancehall fest worth its salt(fish) falls between May and September. Here’s our picks for the best summertime fests around the US, the Caribbean and the globe.