Sign up for our mailing list.
- Diplo Reveals Kanye’s Been Sitting On Some Of His Tracks | I Am Mo Better on LargeUp TV: Major Lazer in Kingston, Jamaica
- mr man on LargeUp Premiere: Duane Stephenson’s “Cool Runnings” Video
- Chonixx And Junior Reid FREE SHOW NYC | The Moments of a Blackqueen on Impressions: Chronixx, Junior Reid + Rice and Peas at Central Park SummerStage
- Jesse Serwer on Dancehall, Mass: Boston Ragga Mix
- mr man on Dancehall, Mass: Boston Ragga Mix
Posts tagged: Reggae on the River
Words by Jesse Serwer, Photo by Martei Korley
Words by DJ Gravy and Jesse Serwer
Summertime only means one thing for many music fans: mammoth outdoor festivals. These events are particularly important in the world of reggae, considering the association people outside the Caribbean make between Jamaican music and warm weather, sunshine and general good-time vibes. So while there’s a small handful of important wintertime events in the Caribbean like Sting, almost every reggae/dancehall fest worth its salt(fish) falls between May and September. Here’s our picks for the best summertime fests around the US, the Caribbean and the globe.