Sign up for our mailing list.
- Ras Beats on LargeUp Premiere: Jahdan x Kabaka Pyramid — “For The Children”
- Irie Zensations on Dub In The Rainforest: I-Grade Hold a Vibes in St. Croix
- Philip Smart + HC&F Studios | saxon baird on R.I.P. Philip Smart: 13 Classics From His HC&F Studio
- Major Lazer & Walshy Fire Present SUNS OF DUB (Official Mixtape) | The Soul Republic | Online Lifestyle Magazine For The Modern Man on LargeUp Interview: Q+A with Walshy Fire
- Darian Tyndale on Terror Fabulous Speaks: A Rare Interview with the Elusive ’90s Dancehall Star
Posts tagged: Blue Mountains
Words by Jesse Serwer, Photos by Selena Ayala—
Words by Eddie STATS Houghton
Cuccessful Brooklyn-based filmmakers (and friends of LargeUp) Daoud Abeid and Dahkil Hausif–collectively known as Sunshowah Films–recently announced the production of their first feature-length effort (the duo are mostly known for their award-winning short films), to be shot in the famous Blue Mountains of Jamaica. The seed of the idea came directly from the kids the two filmmakers worked with at an art day-camp in the Blue Mountains organized by a mutual friend, and appropriately The Harder They Fall is a coming of age story that follows its young protagonist from the concrete jungle of Brooklyn to the Caribbean countryside. Watch the behind the scenes short Sunshowah recently put out to support the project (below) and contribute to its funding on Kickstarter. Sunshowah has already raised more than half of it’s $20,000 goal with 10 days left to go. Let off sup’m!