Sign up for our mailing list.
- Future of Dancehall in 2014? | saxon baird on Dancehall Nuh Dead: Ten Dancehall Acts That Matter Right Now
- El Chavo on AUDIO: Tasonia x Peckings — “Bill”
- Octavia Spencer on Toppa Top 10: Caribbean Hip-Hop Pioneers
- Getting away from it all | londontoheredia on Ticos Caribeños: Reggae and Caribbean Culture in Costa Rica
- Jonathan on Dancehall Nuh Dead: Ten Dancehall Acts That Matter Right Now
Posts tagged: Blue Mountains
Words by Jesse Serwer, Photos by Selena Ayala—
Words by Eddie STATS Houghton
Cuccessful Brooklyn-based filmmakers (and friends of LargeUp) Daoud Abeid and Dahkil Hausif–collectively known as Sunshowah Films–recently announced the production of their first feature-length effort (the duo are mostly known for their award-winning short films), to be shot in the famous Blue Mountains of Jamaica. The seed of the idea came directly from the kids the two filmmakers worked with at an art day-camp in the Blue Mountains organized by a mutual friend, and appropriately The Harder They Fall is a coming of age story that follows its young protagonist from the concrete jungle of Brooklyn to the Caribbean countryside. Watch the behind the scenes short Sunshowah recently put out to support the project (below) and contribute to its funding on Kickstarter. Sunshowah has already raised more than half of it’s $20,000 goal with 10 days left to go. Let off sup’m!