Sign up for our mailing list.
- Carib Fest HD on 106 & Carnival: BET Gets Ready For Di Road
- CHECK DASH EYE’S MIX “WEH MI DO” HOSTED BY BRAMMA | Tribe Of Kings Soundsystem on Mixtape Mondays: The Heatwave, Tribe of Kings x Bramma, Dubbel Dutch
- Regina Lieder on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show
- Lee Scratch Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show | The Moments of a Blackqueen on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show
- Brooklyn Chéri on Toppa Top 10: The Ten Best Caribbean Eats in NYC
Posts tagged: Ali’s Roti Shop
Words by Jesse Serwer—
There’s nothing like the energy in Central Brooklyn (a/k/a “Real Brooklyn”) at the end of the summer, in the days leading up to Labor Day and the West Indian Day Parade. That’s the backdrop for “BKNY,” the latest video from NY underground rapper Fat Tony. Though the song features Jamaican-Guyanese BK rap duo Old Money, the pair are absent from the video, which instead features cameos from Mr. MFN eXquire, Kool AD of Das Racist, Nick Catchdubs, and Tenille, and landmarks like Ali’s Roti Shop and the Eastern Parkway road divider.