For the first time, Jesus will be communicating to Jamaicans in their own language. According to an in-depth story posted on the BBC’s website Christmas Eve, translators at the Bible Society in Kingston are developing a Patois Bible, which they intend to publish in time for the 50th anniversary of Jamaica’s independence in August. Meanwhile, congregants at Jamaica’s Spanish Town Tabernacle are already reading from a good book entitled Jiizas: di Buk We Luuk Rait bout Im.
Sign up for our mailing list.
- Link Love on Visual Culture: Finding the Caribbean at Art Basel
- MsSvelteNY on Pop Style: Natalie Barnes
- Lorraine Middleton on Terror Fabulous Speaks: A Rare Interview with the Elusive ’90s Dancehall Star
- #IslandSpotlight [VIDEO] Joey Bada$$ in St Lucia on Set for “My Yout” Music Video - The Caribs on Island Hop: Watch Joey Bada$$’ St Lucia-Set “My Yout” Video
- ZakaZO on Toppa Top 10: Ten Artists To Watch in 2013