Sign up for our mailing list.
Lean Forward: Serocee + Kerwin Prescott Update The Rockaway For 2014 with “Shottaleeni”
Bird Call: Stream RVSSIAN’s Tweety Bird Riddim Feat. Vybz Kartel + Bugle
LargeUp Premiere: Screechy Dan’s “My Story” Mixtape
Run The Track! Download a Massive Sound EFX Folder From Screechy Dan
- Lean Forward: Serocee + Kerwin Prescott Update The Rockaway For 2014 with “Shottaleeni”
- Noise Cans interview – Large Up | BDMNR | ALL UNDER ONE ROOF on Now Things: Behind the Mask with Noise Cans
- The Black Queen on Blacka’s World: We Chief “Gyals From Brooklyn” Video Premiere
- Ching Pow: A (Jamaican) Kicking Comedy | Repeating Islands on Pree-View: Twin of Twins’ “Ching Pow: Far East Yardies” Movie
- Spence on Toppa Top 10: The Ten Best Caribbean Eats in NYC
- Teach The Youths About Garvey – Limited Time Download | The Moments of a Blackqueen on Homecoming King: Jamaica Honors Marcus Garvey On His 125th Birthday
Posts tagged: No Ice Cream Sound
Words by Deejay Theory —
We’ve got a solid roundup of vibes this week at Mixtape Mondays: Classic dancehall for the cookout, bad-gal Brooklyn bass, roots and culture and murderous dubplates cruise us into June. Get your week right below.
Words by LargeUp Crew—
Johnny Osbourne, Luciano and the man called Downbeat the Ruler, Tony Screw, stopped by the Sound Liberation Front‘s fourth and final Coney Island Reggae Beach Party of 2012 on Sunday. As it happened, Johnny was wearing his brand-new, LargeUp x RockersNYC Jamaica tee, as captured in this photo by Sound Liberation’s Quoc Fam. Cop your tee here. Large up yuhself, Johnny!
Words by Jesse Serwer
Susannah Webb is the DJ known as The Large (check her latest mix, Neva Soft) and the gyal behind T-shirt line/blog Shimmy Shimmy. She also produces the world’s first and only publication to share a name with a classic Johnny Osbourne soundbwoy killer. No Ice Cream Sound is in the tradition of hand-bound punk-rock fanzines but great illustrations and the distinctive artistic sensibilities apparent in everything Shimmy Shimmy color each issue, creating a unique piece d’art. The latest one is out this week and has features and/or interviews with Popcaan, Stylo G, Alric and Boyd (interviewed about house music by LargeUp’s own Erin MacLeod), Mungo’s Hi-Fi and India’s Reggae Rajahs. Cop it.
Words by Erin MacLeod
To the internet, Shimmy Shimmy is a thoroughly interesting, dancehall-minded blog of the same name. To the real world, they’re producers of events, a range of equally dancehall-minded t-shirts and publishers of No Ice Cream Sound, a fanzine that’s enjoyed by people from the UK to the EU to the USA to JA (And which happens to have a new issue out next week).