Sign up for our mailing list.
- Jesse Serwer on Throwback Thursdays: Carly Simon’s “Why”
- Amy "Night Nurse" Wachtel on Throwback Thursdays: Carly Simon’s “Why”
- Hannah on Now Things: Behind the Mask with Noise Cans
- D-rail on Toppa Top 21: 21 Artists To Watch For 2014
- Moving on the Wires: News, Posts, New Music | Aker: Futuristically Ancient on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “Repent Americans” Art Exhibition
Posts tagged: Barrington Levy
Words by Jesse Serwer—
Sure, hip-hop has The Chronic, “I Got 5 On It,” and Meth and Red’s entire catalog, but when it comes to weed-smoking anthems, reggae is king. With literally tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of reggae weed songs to choose from, we selected some of our favorites and tapped the artist behind one of ‘em, Carlton “100 Weight of Collie Weed” Livingston, to count down the best of the best. Watch parts one and two of our Toppa Top 20 Reggae Weed Anthems countdown below. And if you’re not all smoked out after that, check our Top 10 of reggae’s most slept-on weed anthems.
Words by Emily Shapiro—
Afropop Worldwide, the long-running syndicated radio program and online magazine dedicated to highlighting the contributions of Africa and the African Diaspora to music and culture, yesterday ran an hour-long program about the history of Jamaican music in New York City.
Words by LargeUp Crew—
Tonight’s guest on the LargeUp Sessions with DJ Gravy—6 to 8 p.m. EST on RadioLily.com—is none other than Barrington Levy. Must we really say any more?!? DJ G Brown will also be on the decks providing a guest set. But it’s all about Mr. Broader than Broadway himself, and his golden voice. To get you in the right vibes, here’s our Toppa Top 10 countdown on Barrington’s greatest tunes.