Sign up for our mailing list.
- Roots & Culture: The Roots Go Dancehall With Shaggy, Patra + More on
- LargeUp Premiere: Serani’s “In My Arms” Video on
- Now ‘Ere Dis!: Super Cat Meets Shaggy + Maxi Priest on “Night Flight” on
- Toppa Top 10: The Caribbean’s Best Rum Creams on
- Green Screen: Jah9 Toasts To Fresh Food In Her “Avocado” Video on
Posts tagged: St. Kitts Music Festival
Words by Jesse Serwer, Photo by Martei Korley
Words by DJ Gravy and Jesse Serwer
Summertime only means one thing for many music fans: mammoth outdoor festivals. These events are particularly important in the world of reggae, considering the association people outside the Caribbean make between Jamaican music and warm weather, sunshine and general good-time vibes. So while there’s a small handful of important wintertime events in the Caribbean like Sting, almost every reggae/dancehall fest worth its salt(fish) falls between May and September. Here’s our picks for the best summertime fests around the US, the Caribbean and the globe.