For OkayAfrica’s latest Player Xchange, our channel partners linked up Brooklyn-based dancehall producer extraordinaire Dre Skull— the man behind numerous Vybz Kartel, Popcaan, and Snoop Lion joints, and the Mixpak label—with Freetown, Sierra Leone’s finest frontman Bajah of Bajah + The Dry Eye Crew. The two got together at Brooklyn’s Converse Rubber Tracks studio to record the dancehall banger “Nah Back Down,” pairing Dre Skull’s ace production with some energetic bars from Bajah. Watch a behind-the-scenes video chronicling the creation of the song, and download “Nah Back Down” below.
Sign up for our mailing list.
- MsSvelteNY on Pop Style: Natalie Barnes
- Lorraine Middleton on Terror Fabulous Speaks: A Rare Interview with the Elusive ’90s Dancehall Star
- #IslandSpotlight [VIDEO] Joey Bada$$ in St Lucia on Set for “My Yout” Music Video - The Caribs on Island Hop: Watch Joey Bada$$’ St Lucia-Set “My Yout” Video
- ZakaZO on Toppa Top 10: Ten Artists To Watch in 2013
- Nadejda on LargeUp TV: Behind the Scenes at Miss Lily’s