Sign up for our mailing list.
- Diplo Reveals Kanye’s Been Sitting On Some Of His Tracks | I Am Mo Better on LargeUp TV: Major Lazer in Kingston, Jamaica
- mr man on LargeUp Premiere: Duane Stephenson’s “Cool Runnings” Video
- Chonixx And Junior Reid FREE SHOW NYC | The Moments of a Blackqueen on Impressions: Chronixx, Junior Reid + Rice and Peas at Central Park SummerStage
- Jesse Serwer on Dancehall, Mass: Boston Ragga Mix
- mr man on Dancehall, Mass: Boston Ragga Mix
Posts tagged: Grenada
Words by Jam Central—
Jamaican artists have long been known to sing about their affinity for voluptuous women. Classic tunes like The Heptones’ “I Need a Fat Girl (Fattie Fattie),” Shaggy’s “Mampie” or Ranking Dread’s “Fattie Boom Boom” give praise to plump posteriors, but they are not the only ones in the Caribbean who share that sentiment.
Words by Jesse Serwer—
For such a small place, Carriacou sure has a lot of culture. Officially a part of Grenada, the “land of reefs” is just 13 square miles in size and home to just about 8,000 people. But not only does it have one of the most unique and distinctive carnivals in the Caribbean, Shakespeare Mas, it now has a remarkable international music festival, too.
Photos by Jesse Serwer and Simone Serwer—