Sign up for our mailing list.
- Carnival is alive and well in Oslo, Norway | Repeating Islands on EVENT: Kes the Band “Endless Summer” In-Store
- Carib Fest HD on 106 & Carnival: BET Gets Ready For Di Road
- CHECK DASH EYE’S MIX “WEH MI DO” HOSTED BY BRAMMA | Tribe Of Kings Soundsystem on Mixtape Mondays: The Heatwave, Tribe of Kings x Bramma, Dubbel Dutch
- Regina Lieder on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show
- Lee Scratch Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show | The Moments of a Blackqueen on Visual Culture: Lee “Scratch” Perry’s “The Death of Baphomet” Art Show
Posts tagged: Dub
Words by Jesse Serwer, Images by Martei Korley—
Jamaica’s greatest living singer has a new album, and it is one of his strongest records in years.
Photos by Richard Rose—
Words by Sherman Escoffery, Photos by Richard Rose—
Words by Kieran K. Meadows—
Words by Jesse Serwer—
In January, we told you about the so-called First International Reggae Poster Contest organized by US-based, Jamaica-born poster artist Michael Thompson and Greece’s Maria Papaefstathiou The contest, celebrating Jamaica and reggae music’s rich tradition of poster art, received 1142 entries by 678 designers from 80 countries, the best of which are set to appear in World-A-Reggae: The 100 Best Entries from the First International Reggae Poster Contest, opening Sunday, Sept. 30 at the National Gallery of Jamaica. Have an undying passion for reggae-inspired posters but can’t make it to Kingston before the show wraps Nov. 20? See all 100 selected posters here.