Sign up for our mailing list.
Lean Forward: Serocee + Kerwin Prescott Update The Rockaway For 2014 with “Shottaleeni”
Bird Call: Stream RVSSIAN’s Tweety Bird Riddim Feat. Vybz Kartel + Bugle
LargeUp Premiere: Screechy Dan’s “My Story” Mixtape
Run The Track! Download a Massive Sound EFX Folder From Screechy Dan
- Lean Forward: Serocee + Kerwin Prescott Update The Rockaway For 2014 with “Shottaleeni”
- The Black Queen on Blacka’s World: We Chief “Gyals From Brooklyn” Video Premiere
- Ching Pow: A (Jamaican) Kicking Comedy | Repeating Islands on Pree-View: Twin of Twins’ “Ching Pow: Far East Yardies” Movie
- Spence on Toppa Top 10: The Ten Best Caribbean Eats in NYC
- Teach The Youths About Garvey – Limited Time Download | The Moments of a Blackqueen on Homecoming King: Jamaica Honors Marcus Garvey On His 125th Birthday
- COLUMN: Eight Dancehall/Reggae artists who leave you thinking what if | Dancehall Usa Online Magazine on Terror Fabulous Speaks: A Rare Interview with the Elusive ’90s Dancehall Star
Posts tagged: Dominica
Words by Michellee Nelson~
Welcome to our new series Island Life spotlighting nature, wildlife and science in the Caribbean. First on our agenda is a beloved figure in the Eastern Caribbean, which now finds itself in a struggle for survival: the mountain chicken.
Words by Jesse Serwer—
Credibility in hip-hop didn’t always come as easy as it does now. Just ask Vanilla Ice. A pre-Hollywood Mark Wahlberg, then known as Marky Mark, was no exception—even though the native of Boston’s hard-knock Dorchester neighborhood entered the business with a rap sheet (which included attempted murder) as extensive and horrible as any of his day’s gulliest gangster rappers.
Thank you is what comes to mind when thinking of the way Levia and Aldon of Cater Truck Mobile Restaurant literally took care of yours truly during my stay in Dominica. As LargeUp undertook the task of covering the entire island of Dominica AND the festivals happening on the island in just one week last October, serious nourishment was required. And the steamfish from this food truck was just what the doctor ordered: Fresher than fresh and drizzled with mouthwatering creole sauce.