Sign up for our mailing list.
- Roots & Culture: The Roots Go Dancehall With Shaggy, Patra + More on
- LargeUp Premiere: Serani’s “In My Arms” Video on
- Now ‘Ere Dis!: Super Cat Meets Shaggy + Maxi Priest on “Night Flight” on
- Toppa Top 10: The Caribbean’s Best Rum Creams on
- Green Screen: Jah9 Toasts To Fresh Food In Her “Avocado” Video on
Posts tagged: Dominica
Words by Michellee Nelson~
Welcome to our new series Island Life spotlighting nature, wildlife and science in the Caribbean. First on our agenda is a beloved figure in the Eastern Caribbean, which now finds itself in a struggle for survival: the mountain chicken.
Words by Jesse Serwer—
Credibility in hip-hop didn’t always come as easy as it does now. Just ask Vanilla Ice. A pre-Hollywood Mark Wahlberg, then known as Marky Mark, was no exception—even though the native of Boston’s hard-knock Dorchester neighborhood entered the business with a rap sheet (which included attempted murder) as extensive and horrible as any of his day’s gulliest gangster rappers.
Thank you is what comes to mind when thinking of the way Levia and Aldon of Cater Truck Mobile Restaurant literally took care of yours truly during my stay in Dominica. As LargeUp undertook the task of covering the entire island of Dominica AND the festivals happening on the island in just one week last October, serious nourishment was required. And the steamfish from this food truck was just what the doctor ordered: Fresher than fresh and drizzled with mouthwatering creole sauce.