There’s little middle ground when it comes to Tommy Lee Sparta, and his big breakout single, “Psycho.” You’re either fully on board with the gothic dancehall program, or loathe to even speak its name. But what can’t be argued is that Lee and “Psycho” were game-changers. Other dancehall acts have employed dark imagery before but none have made it such a focal point as Lee did on “Psycho” and follow-up efforts like “Uncle Demon.” Throw in one of 2012′s most memorable—and explicit—videos, and you had the unlikeliest of soundtracks for what was otherwise Jamaica’s sunniest, most positive summer in years.
Sign up for our mailing list.
- MsSvelteNY on Pop Style: Natalie Barnes
- Lorraine Middleton on Terror Fabulous Speaks: A Rare Interview with the Elusive ’90s Dancehall Star
- #IslandSpotlight [VIDEO] Joey Bada$$ in St Lucia on Set for “My Yout” Music Video - The Caribs on Island Hop: Watch Joey Bada$$’ St Lucia-Set “My Yout” Video
- ZakaZO on Toppa Top 10: Ten Artists To Watch in 2013
- Nadejda on LargeUp TV: Behind the Scenes at Miss Lily’s