Hipsters Don’t Dance, World Carnival 3: Around London Carnival time, one of the tuffest working U.K. teams came back with the third installment of their aptly titled and 100% bubbling World Carnival mix. To hype their self-promoted carnival party debut with our folks Dre Skull and So Shifty the day before Notting Hill this year, the Hipsters Don’t Dance crew cut a thick slice of that live energy into this mix to set the tone proper. Leading off with Tifa’s “Champion Bubbler” on Dre Skull’s Kling Klang riddim, it got into tunes from this guy, Murlo, RDX, So Shifty and Walshy Fire’s killer “Bruk It Down” remix, Ghanaian-champs Sarkodie and R2Bees, and a lineup of classic and future forwards from all things Carnival. H.D.D combine bashment, dancehall, soca, azonto, grime, garage, funky and tropical heat from the Caribbean, Africa and U.K., distilling the essence of what feting is all about. Stream below, download here.
Sign up for our mailing list.
- Empresses + Queens: Talking with Trinidad’s Queen Omega + Kushite on
- Roots & Culture: The Roots Go Dancehall With Shaggy, Patra + More on
- LargeUp Premiere: Serani’s “In My Arms” Video on
- Now ‘Ere Dis!: Super Cat Meets Shaggy + Maxi Priest on “Night Flight” on
- Toppa Top 10: The Caribbean’s Best Rum Creams on