Words by Large Up Crew—
Marley’s Mellow Mood has come up with a new way to “free the people with music,” launching a weekly free music download series dubbed Tune in Tuesdays. Each Tuesday, this link will feature a download of a new single from a different emerging artist. This week the featured artist is Jo Mersa, grandson of Bob Marley and the eldest son of Stephen Marley. Available for free download is “Bad So,” a recent Ghetto Youths International single with an up-to-di-time dancehall flavor. Go here to download “Bad So,” and read a brief interview with Mersa below.
1. Describe your sound in 20 words or less…
2. What role does your heritage play in your music?
It plays a major role, with many influences.
3. What can we expect to hear from you in the next year?
I will be releasing another single very shortly off of my EP that I’m currently working on.
4. Where did you get the idea and inspiration to write “Bad So?”
I got the the idea for the song in the studio with my cousin Fredrick and, well, the inspiration for the song …I think the song makes it clear enough.
5. What are your ultimate ambitions as an artist?
To be heard an be respected as an artist and to always bring a positive message to my generation, the generation before me, and the generation to come…